Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Is it safe to administer a horse's tetnus shot after the booster?

So my horse messed up his leg yesterday and I wa stuck at work and had a friend meet the vet at my house to have the horse looked at. When the vet asked her if my gelding had his tetnus shot she told him yes. But my horse didnt have one this year, and also didnt have one last year( I administer my own shots normally) anyways, my vet set him up with a booster and some antibiotics and so on. But my question is, Now that I have picked up my regulat tetnus shot, is it safe to administer it after the booster was given yesterday? My vets office is closed untill monday and I have to do this sooner rather than later to avoid risking my horses's health. Any advice or expereinces with this would be a great help. Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment